Monday, January 24, 2011

Jesus Has a Rocking Chair.

Yesterday at church, I was reminded that Saturday, January 22 was the anniversary of Roe v. Wade.  I am not here to judge.  My story may be similar to some. 

My husband and I lost a baby eighteen years ago.  It was a tubal pregnancy.  That week we went from elation to be devastation, so quickly.  I had pain, found out I was pregnant and we were excited.  But I knew something was wrong.  I had pain.  Quickly, I found out that my numbers were not tripling, but going down.  Not a good sign.  We ended up in the hospital, having a laparscopy.  But, in the middle of that God was already at work.  When my fallopian tube burst, my bowel came over and covered the area that had burst.  I believe to this day that God's hand was there guiding my body to do what it had to to keep me alive.  My tube burst on Thursday evening.  I had read all the pamphlets and knew that the sharp pain in my shoulder meant that.  But by the time I got the hospital, the pain was gone.  The doctor really didn't do anything, but told me to see my regular OB-GYN the next day.  I did and that's when I ended up at the hospital. 

So I ended up with a c-section cut, but no baby.  We were saddened that this baby would never be part of this world.  We couldn't see, touch or hear him/her.  We have to wait until we get to heaven.  It was hard, but Mike and I realized that this was God's will.  We honestly didn't talk much about it, but we seemed to just accept this and move on.  Some people were amazed at our attitude.  They were surprised by our reaction and how we talked so candidly about everything.  But our faith in God got us through because we realized this child wasn't meant to be.  For those of you who have lost a baby due to complications, illness or any reason, may this song be a comfort to you.

Jesus Has a Rocking Chair
Written by Tony Greene
Sung by The Greenes

Many hopeful moms and dads, try to have a child of their own.
Some never get the chance, others do and see them grown.
Still there are those who are expecting that precious baby soon,
But then it's gone before it ever leaves the safety of it's momma's womb.

Jesus has a rocking chair.
And He holds that precious baby with oh, such tender care.
He takes the place of mom and dad,
He's the greatest parent a child can have.
Don't worry about the children there,
Jesus has a rocking chair.

There are those who have a boy or girl, a lovely gift from God.
But illness or a tragedy takes them from their parent's arms.
Mommas wish for days going by,
Daddys long for that lost child.
But children are not lost when you know where they are.

She eighteen and not married, expecting her little one.
In a  time of confusion, she took the life of her son.
Since the, Jesus forgave her, and He took all her sins away.
She still cries missing her baby, but she hears the angels say...

Jesus has a rocking chair.
And He holds that precious baby with oh, such tender care.
He takes the place of mom and dad,
He's the greatest parent a child can have.
Don't worry about the children there,
Jesus has a rocking chair.

I hope those of you who have been in this place, find comfort knowing that Jesus is there taking care of your little one.  God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment