Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Psalm 55

Psalm 55

1 Listen to my prayer, O God,
   do not ignore my plea;
 2 hear me and answer me.
My thoughts trouble me and I am distraught
 3 because of what my enemy is saying,
   because of the threats of the wicked;
for they bring down suffering on me
   and assail me in their anger. 

What do you do when someone tries to spread rumors about you and turn the whole world against you?  You know that they are just trying to be hurtful, it does hit the mark.  As with most rumors, they are lies. 

  4 My heart is in anguish within me;
   the terrors of death have fallen on me.
5 Fear and trembling have beset me;
   horror has overwhelmed me.
6 I said, “Oh, that I had the wings of a dove!
   I would fly away and be at rest.
7 I would flee far away
   and stay in the desert;
8 I would hurry to my place of shelter,
   far from the tempest and storm.”


You want to punch, scream, cry, escape from the barrage of lies that you feel you are facing every day.  But you can not.   You have more self-esteem than that.  You are the bigger person, aren't you?  God listens to your prayers, especially when you are in the heat of a battle like this. 

 22 Cast your cares on the LORD
   and he will sustain you;
he will never let
   the righteous be shaken.

He will listen to you.  He loves you.  Thankfully, in this case, the person that is the target, is doing their best to ignore them, and as luck would have it, most of the time, the lies are so far-fetched that no one would believe it.  Oh other attacks are sure to come, but this Christian will do their best to keep their head high, and quietly let the truth overcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment