Tuesday, January 4, 2011

He Listens!

This year, I am participating in my church women's group as a prayer pal.  I haven't done this in quite a while.  It is like a secret pal, so I can't reveal anything, but already, I am encouraged because I feel like I am praying more.  I am not one who does a lot of outloud prayers, but I do, during the day will lift someone up quickly and quietly.  For example, I hear a siren in the distance, I pray for the situation, usually because I assume it is an accident.  Most of my prayers for my family is on my drive to work.  Now maybe I should be praying for myself and the other drivers, but being alone in a car, where it is dark and quiet and I can concentrate on what is going on in my husband and kid's lives.

I feel that the covering of prayer is extremely important.  If I am anxious, or know that someone is facing something terrible, then I lift their situation up to God.  I have great faith that he is listening to me.  In fact, I read yesterday in Max Lucado's devotion that  "Your voice matters in heaven. He takes you very seriously. When you enter His presence, the attendants turn to you to hear your voice. No need to fear that you will be ignored."(1)  I totally love that thought.  When you pray, everyone who listens turns and looks at you while you are speaking.

Psalm 54:2

2 Hear my prayer, O God;
   listen to the words of my mouth. 



(1) from Max Lucado Daily:  Everyday Blessings.  www.maxlucado.com

No comments:

Post a Comment