Wednesday, January 12, 2011

God is Your Fortress

As I read Psalm 59, the words that jumped off the page at me was the first and last verse.  I am finding during these psalms, that the psalmist is doing a lot of, not necessarily complaining, but telling God his troubles.  I know this is what God wants from us.  He wants us to tell him the low points in our lives, as well as the high ones.    But through it all, the author tells God that he is the protector of his life.

Psalm 59:1
 1 Deliver me from my enemies, O God;
   be my fortress against those who are attacking me. 


Psalm 59:17
 17 You are my strength, I sing praise to you;
   you, God, are my fortress,
   my God on whom I can rely. 


Tell God about your day.  Tell him the good and the bad and thank him for being your fortress.

No comments:

Post a Comment