Friday, January 21, 2011

He Did it!

I'm a little out of sorts today.  Against my better judgment, I went to work.  The roads were and are still terribly covered with ice and snow, though the sun is shining brightly.  It is so cold that most of the treatments does not work.  In fact, our city sent out an email telling us that not much will get done in the way of clearing off streets because of the weather.    I didn't have any problems, it just took two hours to get from my house to my place of work.  It should only take me 25 minutes.  I am tense, irritated, and tired.  The one thing I almost forgot to do was say a prayer of thanksgiving.    I told God when I got in my Edge, "Well, it's you and me, and I'm depending on you to get me there safely."  He did.  I sighed a little prayer.

Psalms 65, verses five through seven remind us that,
 5 You answer us with awesome and righteous deeds,
   God our Savior,
the hope of all the ends of the earth
   and of the farthest seas,
6 who formed the mountains by your power,
   having armed yourself with strength,
7 who stilled the roaring of the seas,
   the roaring of their waves,
   and the turmoil of the nations. 


God is the one who made the weather do what it does.  God sent us the snow and the freezing temperatures.  When I was a little girl, Dad and Mom would take us to Dairy Queen or United Dairy Farmers for ice cream after Sunday evening church.  Sometimes, friends of ours would go with us.  We were all sitting in the back of the Wagoneer and he swerved or stopped suddenly and her ice cream spilled.  She hollered, "Lew did it!"  We laughed about that for a long time.  Blame gets you know where, especially with God.  No matter what comes our way, we can't blame God.  He will give you the guidance and knowledge to get through it.  So when something does happen, you can holler, "God did it!"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment