Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Movie - Letters to God

I rarely do a post on the weekends, but I have to tell you about last night. Last night, Foxy, Daughter, BFF, my parents, and Miss Deb, a family friend, went to see the movie Letters to God. It was one of the most hopeful, moving movies I have seen in a long time. I loved it! Everyone in the theater at one time or another, was in tears. Well, except for Daughter. That's a different story.

This story is about a boy who has cancer. It is about how this boy inspired everyone around him with his faith. As a parent, how can you have a faith that God will make everything okay when you are watching you child sick and dying? As a sibling, how can you not feel hurt and rejected because you are losing your friend? As a best friend, how can you not want to protect your best friend for all the mean people around them? As an outsider, how can you be touched by someone who you get to know? Because God gives each of us a purpose. He leads us down our path and without us realizing it, we are soon caring and friends. 
This true story is about how if we take a little time and get involved with each other, we will be the ones stronger and more blessed. There were some hard scenes. Not gross hard, but scenes that each of us can look at and say, "Yeah, I've been there." I cried when the mother said, "I don't agree with God's will." There are times I have been like that. But we all know that it's okay. 

This movie was truly inspirational and I strongly urge each of you to see it someday. The only person I recognized by name was Ralph Waite (you know, the dad on The Walton's). Each character gave everything and when it was over, everyone, except Dad just sat there in silence. Even when the lights came up we all sat there. The message was that strong. Daughter wants to now get involved with children that have cancer. I want to help her.
I have talked before in my devotion about how to talk to God. This movie showed this verse and I wrote it down. We are all a letter to Christ from the world. How will you show the world what your words say?

2 Corinthians 3:3
You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great review and swinging by for Friday Follow. I think we may check out that movie soon. I'll need to remember to bring my tissues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. is it a wide release movie? i'll have to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! Sounds like a great movie! Emotional but good, I'll have to check into it. Thanks for stopping by today also!

    ReplyDelete