Monday, August 31, 2009

Praise the Lord

For me this is the last week of summer hours. Hooray! I stated earlier that I do not care for this schedule. Even getting off at noon on Fridays did not seem to make up for working four days of nine hours each. I think it will be easy to slide into regular hours because this will be the last half Friday I will work and then next Monday is Labor Day. So that will be nice.

Yesterday I was reading Psalms and found Psalms 149, as I am thinking about choir practice and everyone singing. This passage talks a lot about singing and praising God.

Praise the LORD!
Sing to the LORD a new song,
And His praise in the congregation of the godly ones.
Let Israel be glad in his Maker;
Let the sons of Zion rejoice in their King.
Let them praise His name with dancing;
Let them sing praises to Him with timbrel and lyre.
For the LORD takes pleasure in His people;
He will beautify the afflicted ones with salvation.
Let the godly ones exult in glory;
Let them sing for joy on their beds.
Let the high praises of God be in their mouth,
And a two-edged sword in their hand,
To execute vengeance on the nations
And punishment on the peoples,
To bind their kings with chains
And their nobles with fetters of iron,
To execute on them the judgment written;
This is an honor for all His godly ones.
Praise the LORD!

That is what I love to do the most; Praise the Lord! He has been so good to me and my family. I want to give back what I can for him and singing is one way I do it. I hope that you can find your own way to praise God. Whether you use your singing voice, do random acts of kindness, tell others about God, I hope you do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment