Friday, August 14, 2009

Joyful

I am in a really good mood today. I want to just sing and be happy all day. Now, that may not fly with some people, but I feel it's a choice. I have a great God, great family and friends, and a good attitude. This is a busy weekend, but not so busy that I can't find time for everything. Busyness is a state of mind. Someone once told me how they didn't know how I could fit everything in to my schedule. I laughed at that. I never usually think about it because if I did, I probably would stay home, curl up in the fetal position and never come out.

Today, I work until noon, go home, eat lunch, take the kids to do a bit of school clothes shopping, take Timm to Dr. Hakes, then football.

Tomorrow, we are going to the football scrimmage in the morning, probably some grocery shopping (not sure I really need to yet), plan a birthday party, maybe make some pickles, and then the pool party at the Parson's in the evening.

Sunday, is always church and laundry and probably can some tomatoes. I am trying to rest more that day, but we will see how it goes. Allie's friend comes home from Kentucky Sunday, so Austin may be over at our house or Allie may go over there. Ya just never know what those two will plan.

See, it sounds like a lot, but it's all in the attitude. I love being home, but this is the time of year that I love to go to football games and support the kids and the band.

The saying that comes to my mind this morning is, "An idle mind is the devil's workshop." I looked this up to see what the meaning of it was and who actually said it. Here is what I found. There are many variations, but they all follow the same theme: A person who doesn't have something particular to occupy himself with doing will be tempted to occupy himself with sin. The phrasing is not found in the Bible, but like many "chimney corner scriptures" it has its roots in a scriptural idea. 1Timothy 5:13 says "And besides they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house, and not only idle but also gossips and busybodies, saying things which they ought not".

I don't want to be any of those things. I want to go about my work humbly, quietly, and without notice. I want to lay up treasures in heaven. I don't want anyone to think I that what I do is something other than for God. So, my mood will remain joyful for what I am doing, going about my business and keeping my eyes on the prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment