Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Decisions, decisions, decisions

May I say that changing your mind is not something that makes you seem stable? I mean, yes, they say it is a woman's perogative to change her mind, but do you really need to be that wishy-washy? I am pretty wishy-washy on some areas, but I have to say that I try to stick by my guns as much as possible.

I am surprised by the crazy decision of the football player, Brett Farve. Two years ago, he retired from football after have such a phenomenal career. Then last year, he made a comeback, doing a pretty impressive job with another team. Then Mr. Farve, again made a decision not to come back. Now he is coming back with again a new team! It's kind of crazy! My husband thinks that he just wants another "Superbowl Ring". Well I say, Coach! Less hurting on your body and still get a lot of glory. Don't say you are going to retire, have the big party and then, change your mind! There are many other things you can be good at. It looks not good that he has not changed his mind once, but twice. When is enough, enough?

I hope that if I started flip-flopping decisions around that someone would set me down and talk to me about it. I am sure lots of people are talking, but is anyone seriously talking to him? The verse that comes to mind is James 5:12 "Above all, my brothers, do not swear—not by heaven or by earth or by anything else. Let your "Yes" be yes, and your "No," no, or you will be condemned." Maybe we all should let our decisions be decisive. That is what I am aiming for.

No comments:

Post a Comment