Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Being a Supermom vs. a Super Mom

You know it's going to be one of those days when...

1) the food you bought last night at the store was still in the bags on the table this morning. The yogurt and ham are ruined. It was brought in, but never put away. I thought about it at midnight, but thought, surely someone put it away. Nope. So now I need to go buy more tonight.

2) when your boss calls you and says, "I am going to be late." She wasn't very late, but still, she was late. But she stays later too.

3) when you can't think of nothing special to write about for your inspirational devotion.

I am happy that school starts tomorrow. Maybe a better routine for all of us will help. I am in a place right now where I can't seem to motivate myself to do anything. Ever been in a place like that? I get up, get ready for work, go to work, come home, help with supper, do dishes, talk with friends, watch tv and go to bed. I don't have anytime for me, which is fine because I am pretty boring and I don't know if I even want to be with myself. I have done a few things for me lately. I have been reading more. We bought me a "crossover". It's not a car or a SUV, but it's in between. Now that I put this in writing, that is a lot. I mean, wow, a FORD Edge? I'll be paying on it forever. I do love driving it. I still feel, well like I am missing something? I thing it is my routine. It is only going to get crazier starting tomorrow.

Tomorrow, I have to get the kids up and out the door around the time I leave. Luckily, Mike is off tomorrow and Thursday, so there won't be four of us vying for the bathrooms to brush teeth, straighten/comb hair, eat breakfast, pack lunches, etc. Tomorrow evening I will probably have homework. I call all the forms I have to fill out for the kids that.

I am still in a state of disarray because choir starts next week. I am not ready for that either. We are going to do an old cantata, which will be fun, but probably not hard enough. In the middle of Wednesday choir practices, the boy's football games will start and be on Wednesdays. I can't do it all and I think that pressure is starting to build in me.

So what's a parent to do? The only thing I know will work. Pray. Look at my schedule. Talk to my kids and support group. I am sure that I will not make all the football games, but I sure am going to try to make as many as possible. I will be there to support the kids in everything they do, but keeping them turned toward God.

Proverbs 15:21 Folly delights a man who lacks judgment, but a man of understanding keeps a straight course.

Lord, help me not to try and be supermom, but a super Mom. Keep me on the straight and narrow so I can keep my kids there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment