Thursday, August 20, 2009

Happy Birthday

Today is my husband's birthday. He is 47 years old. He doesn't seem like it, does he? He seems younger to most people, but not the kids. They think he is ancient. Isn't that what most kids think of their parents?

Today he had to go to work. He said it was tempting to call off, but that really isn't his style. He has a sense of duty to those he works with. He is dependable and always comes up with good ideas. He is very sensitive and he is very caring and loving. I am very lucky to be married to him.

Tonight there will be ice cream with our kids and their friends. The kids and I thought we were taking him out to supper after football practice, but he decided he wants to do that before the football scrimmage tomorrow evening. So it will be Mike, Timm, Allie, and our two adopted kids-friends. He suggested it, not us. Allie made a comment about this evening being "family-time" and Mike said "Oh, I thought we would just do that Friday night. But if you really want to do something, I have been craving ice cream. I figured we would just go down to the UDF and get some after practice." One of our adopted kids-friends was there and he told her she was included too. Then Allie got excited that maybe Austin could go too. So we will see. I think Mike suggested that because he really wants his kids to be happy and he knew Allie's day wasn't too good yesterday (that's for another day).

So add kindness, caring, and thoughtfulness to the list of characteristics that make up Mike. He has been such a blessing in my life and in the lives of my family. I thank God for him every day.

Galatians 5:22 - 23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

He is still working on some of these, but others he has down pat!

Happy Birthday, Mike!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to your husband. He and I are the same age:)

    ReplyDelete