Friday, May 6, 2011

Psalm 110

What a stress-filled week.  I have been very busy at work, and at home.  Then I messed up the computer and we haven't had the money to get it fixed, and with all this rain, emotions are at an all-time high.   So it's nice to see that God has sent me a message.  Psalms 110:1 says,'The LORD says to my Lord: "Sit at My right hand, Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet."

Not that I have enemies, per se, but it is nice to see that God wants me to sit and put my feet up.  Between band, dance, track, church, choir, and everything else, I am spent.  I tell the Lord, I will be happy to sit down and put my feet up, but Lord?  Just one more load of laundry, or one more dirty dish to clean.   The Lord doesn't wait for us.  We need to wait for him.  Sometimes it is okay that the dishes haven't been done in two days (that would be me!).  Sometimes it's okay to sit on the couch, lean back and close your eyes for a moment.  But, listen.  God wants to tell you something.  For each of us it's a different message.  But to hear him, sometimes you have to stop what you are doing and meditate.  Be quiet.  Turn off the tv or the iPod, or send the children to Grandma's, if only for a day.  So take some time this weekend and do what God asks, sit and put your feet up!

No comments:

Post a Comment