Friday, May 27, 2011

Psalm 119

Psalm 119:25-32

 25 My soul cleaves to the dust;
Revive me according to Your word.
26 I have told of my ways, and You have answered me;
Teach me Your statutes.
27 Make me understand the way of Your precepts,
So I will meditate on Your wonders.
28 My soul weeps because of grief;
Strengthen me according to Your word.
29 Remove the false way from me,
And graciously grant me Your law.
30 I have chosen the faithful way;
I have placed Your ordinances before me.
31 I cling to Your testimonies;
O LORD, do not put me to shame!
32 I shall run the way of Your commandments,
For You will enlarge my heart
.

 This set of verses from the longest chapter in the Bible has made me take notice.  First, with all the natural tragedies that are going on, verse 28 says that our soul cries with grief, but being in God's word strengthens me.  When I am grieving, I cry.  My kids cry at the drop of a feather.  Last night, Allie and I were watching So You Think You Can Dance and this young girl did the most beautiful solo.  I teared.  I hear a song, I cry.  But grief crying is different.  Some of you have experienced the deepest sorrow ever in losing your family.  But because of what the Bible tells us, we can be strong in our faith.

The other verse that I loved was verse 32.  If I choose God's commandments, he will make my heart bigger for whatever he leads me to do.  Whether it is singing, helping children, whatever ministry we are doing for God, in his name, he we open our heart for it.  Just do what he wants!

No comments:

Post a Comment