Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Psalm 119:1-8

This is the single longest chapter in the book of Psalm and in the Bible.  I have debated on how to look at it.  I don't want to do what I've done with the rest of the chapters and find a verse that speaks to me (though I want the verses to jump out at me).  I think I will take it in the sections and see what God tells us.

Psalm 119:1-8
 1How blessed are those whose way is blameless,
         Who walk in the law of the LORD.
    2How blessed are those who observe His testimonies,
         Who seek Him with all their heart.
    3They also do no unrighteousness;
         They walk in His ways.
    4You have ordained Your precepts,
         That we should keep them diligently.
    5Oh that my ways may be established
         To keep Your statutes!
    6Then I shall not be ashamed
         When I look upon all Your commandments.
    7I shall give thanks to You with uprightness of heart,
         When I learn Your righteous judgments.
    8I shall keep Your statutes;
         Do not forsake me utterly!


Oh that I would be blameless!  Oh that I always observe His testimonies, though I try.  Oh to be righteous always.  To be blessed in those ways is something that I strive for.  No matter what, I will not be ashamed, I will give thanks, and always strive to keep God's laws.

No comments:

Post a Comment