Thursday, May 26, 2011

Following the Rules

Psalm 119:17-24
    17Deal bountifully with Your servant,
         That I may live and keep Your word.
    18Open my eyes, that I may behold
         Wonderful things from Your law.
    19I am a stranger in the earth;
         Do not hide Your commandments from me.
    20My soul is crushed with longing
         After Your ordinances at all times.
    21You rebuke the arrogant, the cursed,
         Who wander from Your commandments.
    22Take away reproach and contempt from me,
         For I observe Your testimonies.
    23Even though princes sit and talk against me,
         Your servant meditates on Your statutes.
    24Your testimonies also are my delight;
         They are my counselors.


  How many of us dislike being told what to do?  I know I do.  We have a joke around our house that if you tell Timm, Grandpa, or me that we can't do something, we will do it just to prove you wrong.  Probably not the best examples in the world at times, but rules put limits on us.  If you follow the rules, obey God's commandments, your life will be limitless! If you do everything by the book, God will bless you in more ways than you can count.  How's that for being a rule follower?  Look at all the examples of this in the Bible; Moses, Abraham, Job, David, Solomon.  So, go on, follow the rules and see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment