Monday, May 2, 2011

Psalm 109

Psalm 109 is a good psalm to read today, the day after it was announced that Osama Bin Laden was killed.  My son asked why he was killed, and I told him he was public enemy number one for the United States of America.  But for someone who was four years old when September 11th happened, it's still hard to take in.  I just know that God will take care of repaying Bin Laden, and I don't have to.  I still feel sad at the senseless lives lost on that day, and sad for the brave soldiers who have been looking for him ever since.  I am still proud to be an American!



Psalm 109:14 - 16

 14Let the iniquity of his fathers be remembered before the LORD,
         And do not let the sin of his mother be blotted out.
    15Let them be before the LORD continually,
         That He may cut off their memory from the earth;
    16Because he did not remember to show lovingkindness,
         But persecuted the afflicted and needy man,
         And the despondent in heart, to put them to death. 

No comments:

Post a Comment