Monday, September 20, 2010

You Are Our Strength

Psalm 27:1
 1The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

There is a song I use to sing that started out like this.  But several Psalms start out like this, so I don't remember which one the song is based off of.  I do know that this first verse is very memorable to me.  God is everything to me.  He's my light, my salvation, my strength.  Who should I fear, if I have him protecting me?

This past Sunday and then again, next Sunday is two weeks we put a little extra emphasis on missions.  We had a speaker from one of the missions the church supports and then we had a missions dinner.  The dinner was for a little girl that our teens support.  Her name is Sandina and she is from Haiti.  Mike, Timm and Michael Dawson cooked the spaghetti, sauce and meatballs.  Michael did a lot of the shopping, the Land's setup and helped me organize the desserts that were donated, and everyone helped with clean up!  It was a labor of love for all of us. 
Timm made the comment that he liked serving the people.  It was fun! 

We appreciate that so many people stayed and donated to the cause.  They made enough to cover her expenses for the year.  It's good to see the kids working together, having fun and interacting with everyone.  Sometimes we forget that. 

My whole point to this was going to be that no matter where you are, what you are doing, that if you live for God, you will be fine.  He will be there.  You may have some bumps in the road, or some major pot holes, but God will get you over them.  Just trust in him.Sandina is trusting that missions and the missions are trusting that our teens will take care of what they promised.  But all of it is in God's hands.  Have strength through God!

No comments:

Post a Comment