Tuesday, September 21, 2010

He is Listening!

Psalm 28 seems appropriate today.  There are a lot of things going on around me.  Sometimes you just want to scream out instead of quietly talking to God.   Isn't true that sometimes our voices get louder and louder when we feel we are not being heard or if we think we need to get our point across?  David cried out to the Lord to hear him (verses 1 & 2).  He then realized that God listens and saved him and His people (verses 6 - 9).  We all think that the squeaky wheel will get greased.  Do you think that God is like that?  That he listens more closely to those who talk louder or more often?  I am not sure God works that way.  I think that he listens to you no matter what.  I think he just doesn't always answer in our favor, and we think that because he didn't answer our prayer yes, that he just hasn't answered it yet.  Some people will not take no for an answer.  God answers us every day.  Do you take it for granted?  Do you pray that your family has a good day?  Do you pray a quick prayer for someone that is having surgery or for something that really is more a nuisance to stop happening?  And when the person comes through surgery, or your child comes home after a good day at school, or you weren't bothered by the nuisance today, do you breathe a thank you to God?  He answered your prayer.  Sometimes we just take all that for granted, and maybe we shouldn't.  He does listen.  We just have to hear his answers.

1To You, O LORD, I call;
         My rock, do not be deaf to me,
         For if You are silent to me,
         I will become like those who go down to the pit.
    2Hear the voice of my supplications when I cry to You for help,
         When I lift up my hands toward Your holy sanctuary.
    3Do not drag me away with the wicked
         And with those who work iniquity,
         Who speak peace with their neighbors,
         While evil is in their hearts.
    4Requite them according to their work and according to the evil of their practices;
         Requite them according to the deeds of their hands;
         Repay them their recompense.
    5Because they do not regard the works of the LORD
         Nor the deeds of His hands,
         He will tear them down and not build them up.
    6Blessed be the LORD,
         Because He has heard the voice of my supplication.
    7The LORD is my strength and my shield;
         My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped;
         Therefore my heart exults,
         And with my song I shall thank Him.
    8The LORD is their strength,
         And He is a saving defense to His anointed.
    9Save Your people and bless Your inheritance;
         Be their shepherd also, and carry them forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment