Monday, September 13, 2010

I Trust In the Lord

Psalm 25 is a chapter that we can go on about for a while.  I loved every verse I read.  There is something about being reminded that there is someone that needs your help.  Even though each of us go through things and feel the heavy burden of the situation we are in, we are always reminded that someone else may be going through something worse.

These first three verses, David is making a personal statement:  "...in you I trust, O my God."  He asks that God keep him from embarrassing himself or let his enemies beat him.  David says that if you put your hope in God you will be protected from shame, but those who don't will be shamed.  

1 To you, O LORD, I lift up my soul;
 2 in you I trust, O my God.
       Do not let me be put to shame,
       nor let my enemies triumph over me.

 3 No one whose hope is in you
       will ever be put to shame,
       but they will be put to shame
       who are treacherous without excuse.


A few weeks ago, while my family was going through the surgeries and felt overwhelmed, I started to feel down.  Another family who has been going through medical tests and such for quite a while longer was talked about at church.  We love this family and pray for all their health and well being.  I was talking to my husband about this last night and Timm was there.  He said, "Wow, that's a lot of stuff."  I agreed with him and told both of them that what we have been going through isn't anything compared to what they have going on.  Sometimes the reminders like that give us a new perspective.  We've been praying for the other family and will continue to do so.  

So I just want to say to God, "Lord I trust in you and pray for those who are in need of your comfort and calmness.  I lift up all who read this devotion in prayer just now.  Thank you for all you do and are, and will be.  In Your Son's name, Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment