Thursday, September 16, 2010

Psalm 25 15 - 22

We have all felt the pressure.  It could be friends mad, guilt, sympathy for others in distress or just sadness over a tragedy.  We feel the hurt in our hearts.  The pain that we see in people's faces.  These verses tell of that pain.  The anguish, the emotions that we can not always put into words.  But, it also tells us of a God who will save us; for only he will release my feet from the snare, ...take away all my sins, ...Guard my life and rescue me;, ...because my hope is in you.  What more perfect words to say to God in our prayers?

15 My eyes are ever on the LORD,
       for only he will release my feet from the snare.
 16 Turn to me and be gracious to me,
       for I am lonely and afflicted.
 17 The troubles of my heart have multiplied;
       free me from my anguish.
 18 Look upon my affliction and my distress
       and take away all my sins.
 19 See how my enemies have increased
       and how fiercely they hate me!
 20 Guard my life and rescue me;
       let me not be put to shame,
       for I take refuge in you.
 21 May integrity and uprightness protect me,
       because my hope is in you.
 22 Redeem Israel, O God,
       from all their troubles!

No comments:

Post a Comment