Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Gut Reactions

People complain that they don't know what to do.  They don't know what is the right thing to do.  Certain situations are very clear in what is right and wrong.  Others are not.  God gave us the instruction manual to life.  The problem is we are human.  We don't seek the right advice or maybe we seek none at all.  We read the Bible, but sometimes make it harder than it really is.  We seek the advice of other people.  Some of that is good, some of that is bad.  Then we have too much information and it confuses us.  

These verses from Psalm 25 tells us that if we ask, God will teach us right from wrong.  He loves us and forgets about the sins of yester-year if we ask him too.  He will send us the right way, instruct us and send us help.  When Mike is trying to decide something, like who to put in for his fantasy football team, he will talk about it.  I usually tell him to trust his gut.  To me, your first reaction or thought is normally the right one.  If Mike goes a different way, he usually comes back later and says, "I should have listened to you.  I should have went with my first pick."  It's not an I-told-you-so moment.  It is something I have always tried to do for myself. I always think of my first gut reaction to be the Holy Spirit guiding me.  If I start worrying and second guessing myself, then everything is off.  I don't feel right.  I think God gives us the choices of right and wrong almost every second of the day.  Some are easy.  Others are not.  But it's God who we need to talk to the most.  Prayer is the best way to talk.  Sometimes I talk to my parents or my friends and answer my own dilemma. In the end, we don't always no we made the right decision until much later.  So we pray that it was the right one and just watch and wait.


 4 Show me your ways, O LORD,
       teach me your paths;

 5 guide me in your truth and teach me,
       for you are God my Savior,
       and my hope is in you all day long.

 6 Remember, O LORD, your great mercy and love,
       for they are from of old.

 7 Remember not the sins of my youth
       and my rebellious ways;
       according to your love remember me,
       for you are good, O LORD.

 8 Good and upright is the LORD;
       therefore he instructs sinners in his ways.

 9 He guides the humble in what is right
       and teaches them his way.

No comments:

Post a Comment