Monday, November 29, 2010

Psalm 52

To be honest, Psalm 52 hasn't inspired me today.  I think I am still in a thankful mood, plus I am in my Christmas mode.    Anyway, Psalm 52 starts with the faults of the evil.

 1 Why do you boast of evil, you mighty hero?
   Why do you boast all day long,
   you who are a disgrace in the eyes of God?
2 You who practice deceit,
   your tongue plots destruction;
   it is like a sharpened razor.
3 You love evil rather than good,
   falsehood rather than speaking the truth.
4 You love every harmful word,
   you deceitful tongue!


Not very charming to read.  It goes on to say that boaster loves evil and not God.  God will ruin those that love evil.  But the writer states that he is doing well because he trusts in God's unfailing love.  Unfailing love.  No matter what, God will love you.  He will keep you safe and love you.  For that I am still thankful.  What more of a statement is needed?

 8 But I am like an olive tree
   flourishing in the house of God;
I trust in God’s unfailing love
   for ever and ever.
9 For what you have done I will always praise you
   in the presence of your faithful people.
And I will hope in your name,
   for your name is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment