Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Doubt?

I had to go a different way to work this morning.  As the kids and I were getting ready for school and work, the newscaster told us that there was a report of a car wreck just below the entrance ramp to the highway, right were I get on.  So I decided to take a back road.  It takes about five extra minutes, but I did miss a lot of the traffic. 

As I passed a church, I read it's sign.  It says, "God doesn't doubt your existence."  So I got to thinking, why do people doubt that my God isn't real?  They were created in His image, they breathe and think and love.  I don't understand those who do not believe.  I have lots of doubts, but have never doubted that there is a God.  I sometimes wonder where He is going with a situation, or how he must feel when we hear of the horrible things that happen to others.  But at the end of each day, I know that he is there, holding me up.

Having that child-like faith is so important to a Christian.  If you started thinking about it and trying to see things from other angles, your vision gets so skewed that you can't take God for the Omnipotent Deity he is.  You let Satan start to come in, like an unwanted vine, choking the seeds that have already sprouted.  So don't doubt, believe.

Mark 12:30
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

No comments:

Post a Comment