Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A New Song

How often do you want to learn a new song?  There are some great newer songs out there.  Psalms talks a lot about a new song.  Is that a real song that we will just know by the time we get to heaven, or is that a figure of speech?  I hope it's real.  The choir is singing a lot of newer songs now.  Some people like them, others do not.  Some say the songs are too repetitive.  Some say they don't get much meat out of the message in the songs.  I think sometimes the words are the same over, under, back and front.  But there is a lot of verses in the Bible the same way.  I don't look at it as mindless chatter.  I am thankful for the fact that God gave someone the talent to do this and now I can share in it.

Psalm 40
1I waited patiently for the LORD;
         And He inclined to me and heard my cry.
    2He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay,
         And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm.
    3He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God;
         Many will see and fear
         And will trust in the LORD.
    4How blessed is the man who has made the LORD his trust,
         And has not turned to the proud, nor to those who lapse into falsehood.

No comments:

Post a Comment