Friday, November 19, 2010

I am thankful for...

For the next few days, and up until December 1st, I am using Psalms to become aware of things to be thankful for.  Maybe that is cliche', but I hope these will bring some new insight to my thankfulness.

Psalm 49 caught my attention right away and got me thinking about a lot of things.  First the writer tells us to listen up and talks about those who are evil and have riches.  Then the verse that first struck me, verse eight, states this:  "...the ransom for life is costly, no payment is ever enough."  The author is saying that the those who aren't apart of God's children will try and bargin with him for their lives.  They will do what they can to not die.  Isn't that something a lot of people want?  They want to be younger, show no signs of aging, and prove to the world that they are going to live forever.  But God says that the wise and the foolish will perish.

Down a few verses this writer starts talking about being saved from the death.  Verse fifteen says this, "But God will redeem me from the realm of the dead; he will surely take me to himself."  I like that.  As a Christian you have the assurance that you are not going to the realm of the dead, but to be with God.  We can be so thankful for that!  Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment