Thursday, October 14, 2010

There's Always Hope

Psalm 31 is kind of depressing.  I mean, it talks about feeling like the lowest of the low.


 11Because of all my adversaries, I have become a reproach,
         Especially to my neighbors,
         And an object of dread to my acquaintances;
         Those who see me in the street flee from me.
    12I am forgotten as a dead man, out of mind;
         I am like a broken vessel. 


But somewhere along the line, the writer remembers that God is holy and good and wants to save you.

 19How great is Your goodness,
         Which You have stored up for those who fear You,
         Which You have wrought for those who take refuge in You,
         Before the sons of men!
    20You hide them in the secret place of Your presence from the conspiracies of man;
         You keep them secretly in a shelter from the strife of tongues. 


I like that God will hide us in the secret place, and keep us from harm.  He loves you enough that if you just ask, he will keep you close to him.  It's something that you have to work at.  It's not easy to do, but prayer time, devotion time, worship time, church time, Sunday school time, these are ways to keep it up.  If you do these things, your hope increases.  If you detach yourself, then that hope wanes.  So keep up the good work!  Keep that hope up!  Sometimes, it's all you got. 

No comments:

Post a Comment