Thursday, October 28, 2010

Be happy

Psalm 37, verses 16- 19...

    16Better is the little of the righteous
         Than the abundance of many wicked.
    17For the arms of the wicked will be broken,
         But the LORD sustains the righteous.
    18The LORD knows the days of the blameless,
         And their inheritance will be forever.
    19They will not be ashamed in the time of evil,
         And in the days of famine they will have abundance


The chapter is long and has a lot of comparison's to being follower's of Christ and those who are not.  Verse sixteen caught my eye and peaked my interest.   Are you satisfied with the little you have?  Do you long for more?  I don't usually.  I feel more like Paul, I am satisfied in what I have.  Sure, I'd love to have a maid, a nicer house.  But I don't, so I just go on.  I would love to be able to buy nice things for my family.  And I do, when money permits.  But, I try hard to be content.  I love that the Lord recognizes what sometimes we do not.  We see people with "stuff", and we think how lucky they have it.  But do they?  We don't see inside their lives.  Just what is on the outside.  We don't know that they are hurting, lonely, and insecure.  Maybe they aren't.  But, maybe they have just been misguided down this path.  God will deal with each of us in His own way.  So don't judge, just be happy with what you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment