Thursday, March 4, 2010

Happy thoughts

Yesterday I took the morning off to take Allie to the Chiropractor.  Taking Allie to the doctor is more comic relief to me than anything.  As Dr. Matt told her to put on the clothes to do the x-rays and new patient exam, he told her that there was going to be a Fashion Runway Show and the clothes were the top of the line.  Allie rolled her eyes and mumbled something about not being very fashionable.  Dr. Matt left the room and she started changing.  When she was done, she was dressed in blue cloth shorts that were way to big, but had an adjustable velcro waist band, and an extra-large top that hung to her knees.  She sat in the chair and looked at me and stated, "I am dressed like a prisoner, and prisoner's are better dressed than this!"  Oh she cracks me up.

When Dr. Matt told us she had a possible gall stone, she said later, that her mind heard the word stone and immediately went to, "I have a kidney stone?"  Bless her heart.  She is still in pain from her back, more than her side, and Dr. Matt is working on that for us.  He told her no running in gym and don't exert too much.  Okay, have you looked at Allie?  Does it look like she wants to run or exert her self?

In gym, they are learning Badmitton.  She came home yesterday and complained that the shuttlecock (a.k.a. the birdie) is hard to see.  I told her that it is a 2 inch item.  She said, "I know.  But it's white."  What does that mean?    Apparently she has no hand-eye coordination for little things.  I think she needs more time with Timm's video games or my parent's Wii.  I told her to just swing, but try not to hit anyone too hard.

Last night at Praise Team practice, we had a really good time.  Okay, I had a good time.   Everyone seemed to be in a good mood, and we sang a good songs.  Praise team practice and choir practice almost always lifts my spirits.  I like singing and being with those people.  It seems to lift me up and because we are singing of God's love and because we are all there with the same purpose...to torture each other with our witty banter.  Just kidding.  We do have a great time as a choir and we are having so much fun (well most of us) learning the Easter cantata.  We encourage everyone to join us in singing (there is still time) and if you don't feel you can sing, come out and join us on Sunday evening, April 4th for this cantata.  I think you will like the uplifting message and a few little surprises.

Psalm 5:11  
But let all who take refuge in you be glad;
       let them ever sing for joy.
       Spread your protection over them,
       that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

Psalm 47:6
Sing praises to God, sing praises;
       sing praises to our King, sing praises.

Psalm 57:9
I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations;
       I will sing of you among the peoples.

Romans 15:11
And again,
   "Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles,
      and sing praises to him, all you peoples."

Ephesians 5:19
Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord,

No comments:

Post a Comment