Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Stop it!

Last night, we had Timm's birthday party.  It was going to be a quiet affair with just grandparents and aunt and uncle a few couple of friends.  14 people later and we had a good party.  There were meatballs, ribs, potato salad, veggies, chips, and ice cream cake.  Yummy!

The funniest person there was my great-niece.  Her name is Ainsley and she is two.  She loves to eat.  Timm requested (from my mom) that Barbecue Meatballs be made.  So Ainsley tried them.  She said, "I love meatballs!"  She said that several times.  Her grandmother had a couple of meatballs on her plate and Ainsley wanted a bite.  Before grandmother put the first piece of meat in her mouth, she was asking for more!  My Dad and Mom got so tickled at her.  Ainsley is such a joy.  Ainsley's grandpa was explaining that the girl can eat and eat, but when her mom tells her it's enough, Ainsley is okay with that.  She doesn't cause a ruckus, she just accepts what her mom says.

Okay, there is definitely a sermon there.  When your parent told or tells you when to quit, do you listen?  It is always for your own good, isn't it?  It is for your best interest, isn't it?  God tells us to do what is right, and tells us to stop doing certain things.  Have you as a child of God stopped?  It is so hard to stop.  But so once you stop and realize how miserable you were, it makes all the difference, doesn't it?

I Corinthians 13:11 - 13

 11When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.
 12For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known.
 13But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment