Monday, March 8, 2010

Renew In the Lord

Isaiah 40:31

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

This is one of my favorite verses in the Bible.  People ask me, a lot, how do I just do everything I do.  I usually just smile and say, "I don't do much."  But apparently, a lot of you think I do.  Here's a run down of my day.  Just kidding, no one wants to see what I do every minute of the day.  Let's just say that some days are more productive than others. 

I also have a lot of help.  My parents run the kids to practices and home when Mike is working.  Mike does a lot of the running.  I just make sure everyone knows where they are suppose to be when.  I try and be on time for what I am needing to be.  I am not always as prepared as I would like to be though.  Allie and Timm are starting to take on more cooking efforts and they both do a lot of cleaning (well, they try).  I try my best not to complain about any of it too much.  I appreciate all they all do.

The Bible tells us that if we come to God, he will give us rest.  Psalms 23 says "He maketh me lie down in green pastures.  He restoreth my soul."  I am not so good at lying down.  But I know that every once in a while I need some restoring.  I stayed up late every night of the Olympics.  Most nights it was after midnight.  Last week, I could barely keep my eyes open to 9:30 pm.  So last week, I didn't feel like I got a lot done.  I was tired and the minute I would sit on the couch, I was nodding off.  My body was restoring itself. 

I also read.  I read the Bible, as well as fiction.  Reading the Bible makes me wait upon the Lord.  He brings me to the place I need to be and then I take it in.  I restore my spiritual self on his word and then I fly with the eagles.  Maybe not as high, but I can soar and not tire.  I always think that that is how it was for the Israelites in the beginning of their journey to the Promise Land.  They could run and walk, and never tire.  How awesome.  When do you feel that the Lord is renewing your strength?

No comments:

Post a Comment