Friday, March 5, 2010

A Rememberance of You

One year ago on February 25, my mother told me that Daddy had cancer.  One year ago yesterday, I laid in bed with my husband and cried.  One year ago tomorrow, I stood on stage at church, and broke down into tears.  One year ago tomorrow, I thought my world might stop.  The past 12 months have been the hardest I have ever faced; and I was mainly like you, a by-stander.  I watched as my Dad bravely told all of you at church that he has cancer and that he will be likely out of commission for quite a while.  I did what I could to understand how horrible this was and how no matter what, God was there with us. 

One year ago, I found out how brave and strong my Mom is.  I found out how determined she was to keep Dad going.  I found out how supportive my husband really is and how much he loves me and my parents.  I found out how young and scared my son was.  I found out how amazing my daughter is.  I found out how supportive each of you were through all this.  I found out what friendship really means.  I found out what faith really means.

Out of all that, this devotion was born.  Today, reliving a lot of those thoughts, I am crying.  I can't help it.  God has brought us all together, through this journey.  We are on the other side or maybe we are just think we are on the other side, but really just in the middle.  We won't know for a long time.  But today, I thank God for each of you and for the support and love you have shown my parents and my family.   I have learned that you should not go through something like this alone.  So, we have a family going through similar things.  Please remember them in your prayers.  Send them a little note.  (If you don't know who it is and want to know, email me.)  Support them like you supported us. 

I hope this devotion didn't make you cry like it did me.  But I praise God that I can do this devotion for you.
See Dad, I told you it was going to be hard.

Philemon 1: 4-7
 I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, because I hear about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints. I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ. Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the saints.

No comments:

Post a Comment