Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Trust me....

First off, I apologize for not sending out devotions the past two days. Things around work have been crazy and our home computer is just not up to the task! My father, bless his heart, told me that I better start back or everyone would be upset with me. Ha, ha!

Trust is a crazy thing. When you trust someone whole-heartedly, then there is never a doubt that enters your mind. But if someone says something or if they do something that just seems the bit outside the box, then your mind goes completely crazy! You imagine that everything they are doing has a motive, or everything they say is a lie. You can't relax around them and you just don't know what is right or wrong.

Trust with God does not have to be like that. God wrote in His love letter a lot on trust. The one I hold close to my heart is John 14:1 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God ; trust also in me." I like that Jesus comes right out and said that he can be trusted and that we do not need to doubt Him.

Psalms is full of verses that tell us how to trust. Here are a few for you to ponder today...

Psalms 31:14 'But I trust in you, O LORD; I say, "You are my God."'

Psalms 40:4 "Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods."

Psalm 118:8 "It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man."

Psalm 143:8 "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul."

So as you can see, trust is a big issue with God. It is with me too. I hope that each of you have those you trust, but more importantly, you have a continual trust in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment