Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Be Devoted

Are you devoted to someone or something? Devotion is being attached to a person or a cause. What are you devoted to? Your devotion to your family, friends, or work may seem admirable. Being devoted and committed to something is a huge undertaking. I am committed to my God, my family and my church. I love to sing and help the choir. I am happy to help when I can.

The Bible shows us several people who were devoted to God.

2 Kings 20:3 "Remember, O LORD, how I have walked before you faithfully and with wholehearted devotion and have done what is good in your eyes." And Hezekiah wept bitterly.

1 Chronicles 28:9 "And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.

Let us not forget Job. Even in the midst of his tragedy, he was mindful not to curse God for what had happened. Devotion to God is something that a lot of us have, but not always sure how to show it. But God knows our heart and minds. He can use our motives and our deeds, if we let him.

So be devoted. 1 Corinthians 7:35 I am saying this for your own good, not to restrict you, but that you may live in a right way in undivided devotion to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment