Thursday, October 22, 2009

Getting Through the Day

In our lives, prayer changes everything. Ask my dad, or Sharon Witt or Gerald Collins. We as a collective group have prayed for many in our congregation and many who aren't apart of our family and all of them can attest to the power of prayer. What do you want us to pray for? Right now there is the H1N1 scare.

Young Bailey has H1N1, a friend of Kim Baker, Molly Knott has two children with it, Sarah Lord took the call about the little boy in Springboro who passed away from it. Many in our midst are hurting and scared of this flu. Prayer is the answer. It sounds like a silly thing, but when I pray, I feel calmer. I know that God is listening and that he loves me enough to deal with it for me.

Years ago, my dad took a group and asked them to write down a prayer request. He told them he would keep them until they had been answered. It took several years, but each person came to him and told them that they had been answered. Faith is the key to that.

Talking to God through the day helps me deal with the small things that come along. How do others get through their day without knowing that no matter what, someone is watching out for them and has control over the universe? Whether it is doing a job correctly, dealing with an illness or something that we think is so big we can't handle, God has it already worked out. I am just along for the ride, aren't you? So tell me what you think we should prayer for. God will listen to all of it.

Matthew 21:22 "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."

No comments:

Post a Comment