Monday, January 9, 2012

Wait Upon the Lord

As a Christian, I try to find the best and positive in everything. Yesterday was an emotional church service.  One of our church families had some devastating news last week and it affected a lot of us.  Our minister had been planning this sermon for a couple of weeks and realized that this is not the direction he was originally going with the sermon, but when the news came, he knew it was exactly what God had planned all along.  Isn't it funny how God gets sneaky like that?  Just when you think that what you are doing is either correct or not, God takes it and shows you that he can use it for his good, if you let him.
It's always good to try because with out trying, you will never know if you can succeed.  Even if you are not good at something, I always think that is better than succeeding.  Last August, I was let go from my job.  It wasn't my favorite job, but I enjoyed most of the people there.  I tried my best, but it wasn't as good as they expected.  It wasn't a huge shock and I had been looking for a new place of employment.  It worried me because of our bills, but God is helping us make it work.  I found another job, in a totally different field and you know what?  I am really enjoying myself!  I never thought I could sell anything, but I am doing well.  I like my co-workers, the company and the customers.  What about that?  God has put me where he needs me to be at the moment. We are still trying to pay bills and catch up, but we have faith that God will give us the wisdom to do it all.
The verse that our minister came back to and I have always loved is Isaiah 40:31.

28 Do you not know?
   Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
   the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
   and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
   and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
   and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the LORD
   will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
   they will run and not grow weary,
   they will walk and not be faint.

This verse can be seen a lot of places and it never ceases to amaze me that it really works.  Wait on God and he will restore you, give you rest, and let you rise higher than you ever expected!

1 comment:

  1. that was the verse jay wrote on the energy bar he got me for Christmas! :P so thankful our God is more mighty than a candy bar (or anything else that comes our way!)

    ReplyDelete