Friday, January 20, 2012

Being a Christian in the Workplace

Daniel 6:1-5

 1 [a]It seemed good to Darius to appoint 120 satraps over the kingdom, that they would be in charge of the whole kingdom, 2 and over them three commissioners (of whom Daniel was one), that these satraps might be accountable to them, and that the king might not suffer loss. 3 Then this Daniel began distinguishing himself [b]among the commissioners and satraps because [c]he possessed an extraordinary spirit, and the king planned to appoint him over the entire kingdom. 4 Then the commissioners and satraps began trying to find a ground of accusation against Daniel in regard to [d]government affairs; but they could find no ground of accusation or evidence of corruption, inasmuch as he was faithful, and no negligence or corruption was to be found in him. 5 Then these men said, “We will not find any ground of accusation against this Daniel unless we find it against him with regard to the law of his God.”


Up until now, Daniel has shown all the sign of being a great man whom we all would be glad to know, talk to, and help.  But this one verse shows that Daniel has a human side..."  Daniel began distinguishing himself [b]among the commissioners and satraps..."  Distinguishing himself among his peers and King Darius did not make him friends, did it.  I am not saying that you have to be like your peers.  I try to give everyone else the same consideration as I want from them.  I try not to gossip, criticize, keep my head up and do what I need to do at my job.  I think Daniel did the same thing and it made those under him in position dislike him.  They tried to find fault with him and realized that they couldn't.  They went looking for the bad in him.  It didn't work.  They did realize that they would have to look at how he dealt with his job and with God.  Isn't that something a lot of deal with?  It is hard to be a Christian in a non-Christian environment, isn't it?  
Lord, grant me your grace for today.  Give me the attitude I need to be your messenger in my job.  I thank you that I have a job and I praise you for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment