Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Vent Away!

Who do you turn to when you want to complain or talk out a situation?  Your parents?  Your spouse?  Your best friend?  When David was in trouble, he went to God.  He didn't feel he could talk to anyone else or he was on the run and alone and didn't have anyone else around.  Last week at camp, when you get 80 kids together, there is bound to be issues.  Allie came to me one time to vent.  She just needed someone to listen to her, to pour out her frustrations and talk things out.  Then she was better, and could handle the next 24 hours or so.  I am glad she can come to me, but I hope we all realize we can vent to God to.  Besides, he knows the situation and turn out better than us anyway.  Look how David turned out.

Psalm 142
 1 I cry aloud with my voice to the LORD;
I make supplication with my voice to the LORD.
2 I pour out my complaint before Him;
I declare my trouble before Him.
3 When my spirit was overwhelmed within me,
You knew my path.
In the way where I walk
They have hidden a trap for me.
4 Look to the right and see;
For there is no one who regards me;
There is no escape for me;
No one cares for my soul.

 5 I cried out to You, O LORD;
I said, “You are my refuge,
My portion in the land of the living.
6 “Give heed to my cry,
For I am brought very low;
Deliver me from my persecutors,
For they are too strong for me.
7 “Bring my soul out of prison,
So that I may give thanks to Your name;
The righteous will surround me,
For You will deal bountifully with me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment