Tuesday, August 23, 2011

God's Promise

I finally finished the book of  Psalms.  I started it in August 2010!  I didn't realize that it took me a year to go through that book, but I am glad I did it.  I learned a lot, and I hope you enjoyed it.   So while I figure out what to do next (does anyone have any suggestions?), I will be doing a Bible verse of the day, picked randomly by various means. 

Jeremiah 7:23

But this is what I commanded them, saying, ‘Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you will be My people; and you will walk in all the way which I command you, that it may be well with you.’

I have been thinking a lot about this verse and didn't even know it.  This economy is brutal.  I am terrible with money anyway, and keeping up with everything is hard. I sometimes struggle with giving to the church.  Mike and I try our hardest, but some weeks the money seems to just evaporate.  Giving my time and ability is often easier to justify.  But, as this verse says, ...and you walk in all the way which I command you, that it may be well with you.  Giving is hard when everyone wants a piece of it.  Your bills need paid, your kids needs shoes and clothes, school activities cost, the car needs fixed, the hospital needs paid.  The list goes on forever.  But, God did command us to give ten percent as an offering back to him.  Not because he needs it, but because he wants our obedience.  It's hard, but to not do it is to be disobedient.  And, if I trust him enough and love him by obeying him with my tithe, then he will see us through these stormy economic storms.  He promised that all will be well.  That's a promise I plan on clinging too.

No comments:

Post a Comment