Friday, August 19, 2011

Praise the Lord!

Psalm 150

1 Praise the LORD!
Praise God in His sanctuary;
Praise Him in His mighty expanse.
2 Praise Him for His mighty deeds;
Praise Him according to His excellent greatness.
 3 Praise Him with trumpet sound;
Praise Him with harp and lyre.
4 Praise Him with timbrel and dancing;
Praise Him with stringed instruments and pipe.
5 Praise Him with loud cymbals;
Praise Him with resounding cymbals.
6 Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.
Praise the LORD! 


 What a fitting way to end this book of poems.  There must have been a lot of loud music in the King's presence.  I know David loved music and wanted to dance and sing before God.  I love to sing for God.  I love to just sing and praise God with the hymns of my youth and the newer choruses of today.  It doesn't matter to me if anyone else hears, but as long as God knows my heart, I'm good just praising God as I go to work, washing dishes, or in my car.  Praise God for all he has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment