Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Snow in Summer

Psalm 147:16 - 18

16 He gives snow like wool;
He scatters the frost like ashes.
17 He casts forth His ice as fragments;
Who can stand before His cold?
18 He sends forth His word and melts them;
He causes His wind to blow and the waters to flow. 


 I have never noticed these verses before.  I love winter.  I know, most of you think that I am a freak, but the cooler it is outside, I am happy.  Summer is fun and hot and all, but I would rather be a little chilly, than too warm.  And, the Bible tells us that when we are forgiven of our sins, it is like we are washed and whiter than snow (Psalm 51:7) in God's eyes.  Snow is so brilliantly white, especially when the sun shines on it and blinds us.   But these verses tell us that he is in control of even the snow that blows around, the frost that forms on a cold night.  God's cold is not like our cold. One of my favorite movies is called The Day After Tomorrow.  It's about the earth shifting it's axis and the North Pole turns and the earth freezes down past the middle of the United States.  The shift in temperatures happen so quickly, that a lot of people are caught and freezes immediately.  That's how God's cold is.  Luckily, I think we are warmed by the love of God, and that will keep us warm forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment