Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Inanimate

Psalm 135
5 For I know that the LORD is great
And that our Lord is above all gods. 

15 The idols of the nations are but silver and gold,
The work of man’s hands.
16 They have mouths, but they do not speak;
They have eyes, but they do not see;
17 They have ears, but they do not hear,
Nor is there any breath at all in their mouths.
18 Those who make them will be like them,
Yes, everyone who trusts in them.

These verses clearly tell me that God is God.  I am not in a position to understand how others can believe in a piece of wood or metal.  My God walked this earth, showing me how to live by example.  Can you follow the example of a block of wood, an inanimate object?  How can you pray to something that can not hear?  My mind does not wrap around that concept.  I thank God that he was a living breathing human and he loved me enough to talk to us through his Word. Praise God for his humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment