Thursday, July 14, 2011

Comfortable Places

Psalm 132:14
14 “This is My resting place forever;
Here I will dwell, for I have desired it. 


 Everyone needs rest.  Everyone needs a place where they can find peace, quiet, and comfort.  Even God wanted a place to rest when David wanted to build him a place for God to be and the Israelites to worship.  Do you have a resting place?  Do you have a place where you can find comfort?  I love my bedroom.  It's quiet, I can sit on my bed and read, rest, and recharge.  Growing up, it was this little space in our kitchen.  In our family kitchen was a place between the counter and the stove.  The two-step stool was there, and I will sit there and talk with my parents about the most important subjects.  It was my place when I needed comfort.  It was my place when I needed to vent.  It was my most favorite place in the whole house.

No comments:

Post a Comment