Tuesday, July 26, 2011

God Knows Me Intimately

Psalm 139:1-6
 1 O LORD, You have searched me and known me.
2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
You understand my thought from afar.
3 You scrutinize my path and my lying down,
And are intimately acquainted with all my ways.
4 Even before there is a word on my tongue,
Behold, O LORD, You know it all.
5 You have enclosed me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is too high, I cannot attain to it. 


How well do you know someone?  After years of living with a spouse and/or children, you know their likes and dislikes, their favorites, but yet do they still surprise you once in a while?  For me that is a yes.  I am the worst when in comes to being detailed-oriented.  I don't think I have the detail gene.  You know, the one that matches everything, that makes a party from being okay, to WOW!  I rely on my daughter and husband for that.  They can take an idea and make it more than just okay.  I think I am too simple.  But God, being the Omnipotent One, takes it even further not just with me, but with every one of his children.  He knows us intimately.  I think that means that he knows me better than I know myself.    It's scary that he knows how I will react and what my next thought will be.  But, that also keeps me in check.   I believe that he is there and listening to my every thought, that I try hard to keep my thoughts and emotions in check.  I follow the rule that if I wouldn't say it to God, then I should not say it.  I'm glad he knows me.  I'm glad he is on top of all my little quirks.  Praise God, who made us, for we are each unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment