Friday, July 23, 2010

Patience is A Virtue

Psalms 40:1

 I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard me cry.

How patient  are you in waiting?  I actually am pretty calm when waiting, or so I thought.  Then, the other night when I noticed the missed call from camp, I was not patient.  I called the camp (no answer), I text my friend and dumped all my worries on her, I prayed, a lot, and when I'm nervous, my leg starts shaking.  I get so antsy.  Usually I am very patient.  When someone gets upset, I am usually calm, cool and collective.

When God wants something done, I know that I have to wait on him.  When I ask the Lord for something, I usually forget about it.  I know that the answer will come.  I accept the fact that God-time is not Cheryl-time.  If I knew God's schedule, then that would take all the fun out of life, huh?

The good and best news in this passage is that God heard my cry.  His mind was tuned into me, leaning toward me and he heard me when I called out to him with my worry.  Thankfulness spreads through me like drinking hot chocolate on a cool day.  I so appreciate that God is tuned in to me and that he leans toward me.  He wants to help when he can.

Everything with Son at camp has been taken care of and Son stayed all week.  Foxy and Gpa will go pick him tonight, so I am excited to see him!  I can't wait to hear his stories and especially to see how he is doing with that knee he hurt.  I am thankful that God made me patient and is patient with me, even when I'm not inclined to be as patient with others.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment