Thursday, July 8, 2010

If God is for us....

Psalm 124:2-5
 2"Had it not been the LORD who was on our side
         When men rose up against us,
    3Then they would have swallowed us alive,
         When their anger was kindled against us;
    4Then the waters would have engulfed us,
         The stream would have swept over our soul;
    5Then the raging waters would have swept over our soul." 


I read these verses and said, "Amen!"

What would I have done if the Lord was not on my side?  I would have been drug down to the fiery pit, doomed with evil and oppressed.  I am not much of a fighter.  I hate arguing and rarely do it.  I may complain a lot, but try not to. 

This verse brought to mind another verse.  Romans 8:31
 31What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us? 

I pray that no matter what we do, God will be for us.  We can not be in this world alone.  I have to have God surrounding me.  I feel safe with him leading me through.  I do not want to imagine anymore what could and would happen with God's protection.  Do you?

1 comment: