Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Heavy Burden

Deuteronomy 1:12
 'How can I alone bear the load and burden of you and your strife?

This verse is Moses talking the tribes and how hard it is to be their leader.  As a parent of just two, I can not fathom the millions of people that Moses led across the Jordan, monitoring the tribes, being the go-between and referee.  I bet he aged very quickly!

Obviously with that many people, there was always a dispute, fight, and disgrunted family member.  There had to be he said/she said, 'I didn't do it', 'She's looking at me!', 'I hate you!' moments.  We can all relate to those.  So how did Moses do it?  He made each tribe elect someone to help him.  He delegated authority.  Just as we wives are to be helpmates to our husbands, the elected ones were helpers to Moses.  

Moses' shoulders must have been heavy with the load he carried for all of God's chosen people.  Christ carried the burdens of all humanity to the Cross.  I'm sure that we have all felt a heavy burden with our family and friends.  But not at the magnitude that Christ felt.  What sorrow, what suffering!  And all for the cost of our souls to spend eternity in heaven with him.  How can you not love God for this?  

Sonja from Becoming a Strong Woman of God asked me to join Thankful Thursdays, so here is my thankfulness.


I am thankful for all the new people I am meeting through Seeds of Faith.  I am thankful for my family and I am thankful mostly for Christ!

What are you thankful for?

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing & merciful God we serve!! Thank you for the reminder of what He did for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful you came to visit me today. And I'm thankful for the wonderful reminder of God's love that I received from you when I returned the visit. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete