Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Love 'Em All!

Love is in the air! At least it was in chapter four of Song of Solomon. This chapter is all about how he perceives her and compliments everything about her. It is a beautiful picture of words that King Solomon uses to woo his love (though I do not think he needs to do much to have her). Sometimes pretty words is all we want to hear. We want someone to tell us we are beautiful. We want them to tell us what they like about us. To remind us of our faults would not be much of a love story would it?

God loves us. He tells us in his Love Story that he sent his most precious love, in the form of his son, to save us. John 3:16 For God so loved the word that He gave is only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have eternal life.

God tells us how he wants us to be. We are to be like Him. He loves each of us the same, even though we are unique. He wants us to love others the same way. That is not easy. Not for me, anyway. I love lots of different people. Some people, though, grate on me. I try my hardest to be Christ-like, but I fail everyday, I think. I want to be Christ-like. I am praying for a heart-change. I want to love my neighbor; all of them. Personalities don't always agree, but through Christ we can keep trying.

So be like Solomon, compliment your love. Say what you like about your family members. Even try to find something positive about those you are not crazy about. Change your attitude to be more Christ-like. Christ wants them to be apart of your family. Who are you to deny God?

No comments:

Post a Comment