Thursday, February 4, 2010

I'll Take that Challenge!

Last night after choir practice, Allie, Timm and I were driving home. We took a detour to the BMV to see what time it closes. Well, Thursday it closes at 5. I can not get off work to take her and Mike is working. So I said, "Maybe Daddy can take you after school Friday, but it depends on the storm and oh, wait, Timm has a doctor's appointment. Besides, if the weather gets as bad as they say..." I let my sentence drop off.

Allie sighed.

"Saturday will be out of the question too." I continued.

Allie looked at me and said, "God is challenging me." She looked upward, raised her fist, and said, "God I accept your challenge!"

Do we do that? Do feel like we are being challenged at every turn and do we rise to the occasion and accept what is happening and vow to overcome? Sometimes we do, sometimes we don't. It is all in our attitude. If you are sick, and going through a rough time, like Timm and his headaches, what do you do? Do you sit back, cry why me and wait for an answer? Or do you go to doctor after doctor, do what they ask and stay positive? Or what if you are going through a financial difficulty? Where do you turn?

I honestly can say that I usually hate when God is challenging me to do better. I know in the end that I will love the outcome, but the struggle I put up is wearisome. So why do I struggle? Probably because I am human and I am rebellious. I try not to be, but let's face it, we want things our way, not God's way.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

So let's vow to be up to the challenges we face. God wants more of us. We want more of us for Him. Are you up to the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment