Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Lord is My Shepherd, and that is all I need to know.

I don't know how much of devotion this will be today.  There is several things going on in my life that I want to expound up on.

First,  in the news this AM, there was a bit about a man from Middletown that is missing.  He has Alzheimer's and he has been gone overnight.  He is 80 years old and is in need of his meds.  The name was very familiar, especially because he is from Middletown, so I emailed mom and found out that yes, this is my Great-Uncle.  He and my Great-Aunt live in Middletown and his disease must not be too bad that he can still go off on his own at times.  So he told her he was going to talk to a friend and took off.  He went over to his son's house and then didn't come home.  He was last seen in Blanchester.  He has never been gone overnight, so it is kinda scary.  Pray that Delbert is found safe. 

I am going to the doctor today.  I started having some pains yesterday afternoon that have seem to settle in my lower back.  It is now a dull ache, so it is tolerable to an extent.  I don't know what it is, but it has not gone away.  So pray that it is nothing serious and I am over-reacting.

Mom is doing better.  She goes to the doctor today.  She has no pain so that is a good thing. 

I have many verses and songs going through my mind today.  When I am troubled, I look for verses of songs and Bible verses I remember.  I keep going back to "I once was lost, but now I am found.  Was blind, but now I see", from Amazing Grace.   That verse brings me comfort.  I also think of "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for Thou art with me.   Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me."  Psalm 23:4.

Sometimes I feel like this little boy...
A Sunday School teacher decided to have her young class memorize one of the most quoted passages in the Bible - Psalm 23.   She gave the youngsters a month to learn the chapter.  Little Rick was excited about the task - but he just couldn't remember the Psalm. After much practice, he could barely get past the first line.
     On the day that the kids were scheduled to recite Psalm 23 in front of the congregation, Ricky was so nervous. When it was his turn, he stepped up to the microphone and said proudly, 'The Lord is my Shepherd, and that's all I need to know.'



I hope your day is going much better and you will send your good thoughts our way.  Dad went to the doctor yesterday, but I do not have an update at this time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment