Thursday, February 25, 2010

Happy Birthday, Christian!

Yesterday, was my birthday.  It is a big deal, well at least to me it is.  I love my birthday.  I don't care how old I am, I like the fact that for one day, I can feel a little special.  I am not telling you this so you will all email me and call me with belated wishes.  I am telling you this so you can be prepared for next year.  LOL, I am just kidding.

Yesterday, I took two cakes in for the guys and gals at work.  There were at least 40 to 50 pieces cut up.  By noon, all put one piece was gone, and this was shortly there after. They seemed to like it, but I have found with this group, they like just about anything you put in the kitchen.  They all were happy for the snack and gave me a thumbs up.  I am glad they liked it so much.  I am happy when I can bake something to make others happy.  I don't do that often enough.  For lunch, I spent it alone.  That was okay.  Other things were happening and it was fine.  I read and relaxed.  For supper, I met Mike and the kids at a place in Mason for a quick supper before church.  It was good.  There was good food and I actually got presents!  It was nice that the kids and hubby did that for me.  I liked my card the most.  It said, Yeah, ....you do make the world brighter,  or something like that.  It was nice to see.  All of them signed it and I will keep it for a long time.  Then at church, my dad sang his standard song to me.  This is what he sings to all his girls. The Old, Gray Mare.  We started this when my mother was in her 30s.  He thinks it's funny.  Honestly, it doesn't bother me and I am glad to be around to amuse Dad.  Then after choir practice, the choir sang to me.  At least I got some beautiful singing yesterday!

It was not a huge celebration by any means, but it means a lot to me.  Just like April 26 means a lot to me.  I was reminded of this day by one of our Elders on Sunday.  Sunday was his birthday and he mentioned the day he got saved was a more important day.  I totally agree.  April 26 was very cold and the heater in the baptismal was not working.  Dad said we could float ice cubes in the water.  But I don't remember the temperature.  I remember that April 26 was the day I followed Christ in to the watery grave, to accept the give of eternal life, have my sins forgiven, and become one of God's children.  I obeyed the calling.    I also (usually silently) remember the day my husband became a Christian (December 19, 2000) and Allie and Timm joined us (July 30th and July 3rd).  Though I don't congratulate them, I do fondly remember these days as very important days to our family.    Do you remember your Christian birthday?

Acts 2:38 - 41
Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.   The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call." With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation."  Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment